Monday, June 27, 2011

Pomander balls




Mikayla and I have been working on a new project to make some pomander balls for the scrap/game room upstairs....here is another round of my DIY decorating.

So we start with thousands (literally) of coffee filters - take three to four at a time, gather them and staple the bottom.






My extra set of helping hands!


Next we dye them, for the tan ones I used a tea stain and for the pink ones, I used the same tea stain and added red food coloring (they did not stay this dark).




Then because of the humidity here, they took about 3 days to fully dry, then I opened the filters, to make them to make a "flower"




I then took the "flower" and pinned it to a 3 inch styrafoam ball - the more flowers you use, the fuller the ball will be. I used between 25-30 flowers per ball







The finished products....now in real life - they are spaced evenly the picture doesn't show that.



No comments:

Post a Comment