Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Twirly Skirt

Well I saw that a lady was making her daughter twirl skirts...and I just had it in my mind I wanted to try.

So little miss and I went to the fabric store, picked out two matching fabrics. She picked out the fabrics (she fell in love with the nativity on it). Of the main one for the skirt, I got 2 yards (totally only need one yard though) and then of the other, I got 10 inches.

I do not have nor did I use a pattern. The only problem with it is that I made the elastic around the waist.... too big - so I need to undo it a little to tighten the elastic up for her...and viola...

I spent about 1 1/2 hours and I loved making it!! I have a sneeky suspicion that I'll be making more of these - how fun for the seasons, right? (my model didn't want to totally change out of her clothes to yes, she's wearing pants underneath, but that's ok too) :)

oh, and it does twirl out very nicely too!

Monday, September 19, 2011


Well it would have been a really good idea to take a picture before making what I made...but I didn't so all you can see is the after.

We were going to a wedding so with the invitation.... I made this (thank you pinterest).

I absolutely love how it turned out...what a fun way to caputure their special day in a unique way. I hope she loves it!! It's a fun sort of time capsule :)

Workout #52

Here is the sketch I used - it was a HUGE challenge for me!

Here is where I ended up - and it was NO where near where I started LOL... fun challenge for sure!!!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Workout #51 - Salt and Pepper

The challenge for this LO is to use only black and white with a splash of color.... here is what I came up with

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet Peach August 1 sketch

Here is the sketch :)

Here is the LO I did. Such a fun LO :)

August Week 1 sketch

It feels so good to be scrappy :) here is the sketch I used

Here is my take on it.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

School time!!

Well this was a big project that I really really wanted to do. It's Mikayla's nap mat. It's the kinder mat that I bought and then I made a cover and added a pillow to it. It was fun, challenging but fun. I didn't have a pattern so it's a bit snug/short...but it seems to work (we'll see how long it lasts) but it's really cute. Mikaya picked out the fabric and we just went from there. I intend to embroider her name on it but I just don't think it's going to happen before school starts...we'll see.

Open it up and viola - cover and pillow :) (and the bottom is always the bottom so her face won't go on the pillow where feet have walked on the floor.... that grosses me out) the top is the top and the bottom is the bottom! always the same.

I just need to add a strap to keep it shut and then it should be all set.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lets Bowl!!

Let's bowl. I've been wanting to find just the right paper for the LO, here is what I came up with.

28th Sketch

Here is the sketch

I had to rotate the pictures but I'm soooo happy with how this one came out. So out of my "ordinary" but I love it. I used the Cars cricut cartridge to make the sherrif embellie.

21st sketch

Here is the sketch

Here is what I came up with - I had cut my pictures in circles but that LO never worked out so I modified it for this one.... :)

7th Sketch

Here is the sketch I used

And my LO - I had to rotate the pictures.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mod Podge

Well I love MOD PODGE, I can't find enough to do with it but belive me...I'm learning....and will be playing with it from now on!!!! So many fun things to do with it.

One of my first DIY decorating projects is below, I took some foam board (recycled from work) and cut it to 11x11 squares, I then took my favorite paper stack and covered the foam boards, this section of the wall will not look like this when its done....but here is a start :)

It's Twilight at my house.... Michael did say that I can't hang a poster of Edward.... darn it anyway!!!


Pomander balls

Mikayla and I have been working on a new project to make some pomander balls for the scrap/game room is another round of my DIY decorating.

So we start with thousands (literally) of coffee filters - take three to four at a time, gather them and staple the bottom.

My extra set of helping hands!

Next we dye them, for the tan ones I used a tea stain and for the pink ones, I used the same tea stain and added red food coloring (they did not stay this dark).

Then because of the humidity here, they took about 3 days to fully dry, then I opened the filters, to make them to make a "flower"

I then took the "flower" and pinned it to a 3 inch styrafoam ball - the more flowers you use, the fuller the ball will be. I used between 25-30 flowers per ball

The finished in real life - they are spaced evenly the picture doesn't show that.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Christmas LOs

well darn blogger is putting these sideways..... UGH

Here is my Christmas star - sorry you have to turn your head sideways!

some more sideways LOs....

Halloween LOs

Here is what I did for Halloween, Mikayla was a bride but I didn't want to create bride of Frankenstein.... ya know.... here is what I came up with. I used my beloved DCWV Immortal Stack for most of these..... I can't believe I used my paper..... (sounds weird I know....but it's true). I wish the true beauty came through in the pictures... but the papers made these LOs fabulous for me!!

(in the pictures above, M was RUNNING away from that house, terrified of the creatures...hence the title that superman saves her...) LOL

Happy Birthday LOs

Here is what I've done so far for Ms birthday - I have a little more to do to finish up her birthday.

(darn it - another sideways one)